Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Favorites: Guilty Pleasure Reads

Happy Friday!!!!  I am so glad this week is at a close.  After being rained out 3 nights in a row, my daughter's softball team FINALLY got to play the 3rd game of the tournament and won 22-1.  That win landed them the District 3 Championship and we are so proud of all of them!  Those girls are like my own children so to watch them win this was amazing!

This week for Friday Favorites I decided to show you my top 5 "Guilty Pleasure" reads.  Now this doesn't necessarily mean "sexy time" books, rather, they are books that I get so engrossed in and I can devour them in one sitting.  While the plot in some of them may not be that complex, they are still books that I pick up when I need to get out of a reading slump (ya know, when you are at the point where you just finished an amazing book and nothing you pick up after can compare, or, anything you pick up and start you find you aren't in the mood to read?).  So, here we go......my top 5 Guilty Pleasure reads:

1. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood book #1)

    This has got to be hands down my absolute favorite series of all time!  It only takes me a couple of
days to fly through these books (yes, even the 500+ page ones).  The stories behind the brothers and the lives they lead just pulls you in and you can't stop!!


2. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (Fever book #1)


   I was introduced to this series by my friend and neighbor Barbara.  It seemed right up my ally so I picked up the first one and was hooked.  Ireland, Fae, magical beings trying to destroy the earth....sign me up!  I am currently on book #6, Iced. 


3. Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (The League book #1)


    This series comes in behind Black Dagger Brotherhood as my 2nd favorite series of all time!  In this series we have different species of......not humans but not alien.  Imagine it as people from different countries (but in space) and with hulk like strength, unimaginably good looks and mind control powers.  Add in space battles and it makes for one very fast paced read.  Now, I will admit that it sounded like a bad science fiction plot to me and I'm not really into that genre BUT, I was seriously mistaken.  This is an adult fantasy that you need to read.  You will be hooked after the first book I promise!

4. Run the Risk by Lori Foster (Love Undercover book #1)


    This is your typical adult romance novel.  We have a police Lieutenant who falls in love with the woman he is trying to protect.  There's action, romance and everything you need to curl up on the couch on a rainy, yucky day and lose yourself in a book.  While the plot isn't original by any means, it's still a quick and fun read.


5. Covet by J.R. Ward (Fallen Angels book #1)


    From the author of my favorite series comes another about fallen angels.  It's a battle between good and evil, where good must save seven souls or he loses, and losing isn't an option!

No comments:

Post a Comment